View All Party City JobsParty City
The IT Security Operations Manager is part of the Global IT Security team and collaborates with the Infrastructure team and other key business stakeholders. We are looking for an experienced IT Security Operations Manager with a strong passion for cyber security and a burning desire to learn. We strongly value creative, out-of-the-box thinking and problem solving – and the ability to navigate a complex corporate environment. This role will take direction and directly report to the Chief Information Security Officer using independent judgment and discretion. This position manages the day-to-day activities associated with the IT Security Operations organization, relevant security logging and monitoring tooling, and incident response handling. The resource will have high interaction among technology and business leadership to ensure appropriate incident response activities are performed to manage and address detected threats.
- Continuously update and improve response processes and procedures based on process review. Recommend new capabilities to help with threat identification, response, and prevention, including the automation of response.
- As a member of the Information Security leadership team, provide thought-leadership and insight into the Information Security Vision and Strategy, as well as providing guidance on capability assessment and future investment.
- Author and maintain hardening standards for operating systems, network devices, and cloud technologies including AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Execute and facilitate information security incident testing and table-top exercises to meet control requirements.
- Review Security logs on a daily basis, solve or escalate issues discovered.
- Coordinate and oversee logging configuration and data ingestion into central aggregation engine to provide a central point for monitoring and alerting against suspicious or unusual activity impacting company systems.
- Develop and advance the SOC capabilities over a short-term and long-term roadmap that focuses on Threat Intelligence, Threat Hunting, Indicators of Compromise, and Data Enrichment.
- Analyze, communicate, investigate, and report information security incidents including formal documentation, incident tracking, resolution activities, and future improvement opportunities to help mitigate future threats.
- Recommend and enumerate defense improvements based on observed activity, common threat patterns, and opportunities to improve controls.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a Security Operations Center team (~4 team members) – to identify and respond to new and emerging threats.
- Automation to improve accuracy and repeatability of all Security related tasks.
- Serve as the focal point for engagement between the IT Security Operations Center, business units, service providers (e.g., internal, and external), and potential suppliers.
- Align practices to industry benchmarks and frameworks (e.g., CIS, NIST, SANS, ISO, etc.)
- Establish plans and protocols or familiarity with protecting digital files and information systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction for purposes of chain-of-custody and digital.
- Defend websites, applications, databases, servers (on premises and cloud), networks, desktops, and other end points.
- 5-7 years’ experience in information technology that includes a minimum of 3 – 4 years information security administration experience. Experience in a PHP environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a closely related field of study
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) designation is preferred.
Company: Party City
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A