Website Postmates Inc
The Postmates Strategy & Planning team will be responsible for defining the strategic priorities for the business in partnership with the Postmates GM, and within the broader Uber Delivery organization. This team will drive the strategy for the next phase of Postmates in the US, carefully considering the growth and profitability, the broader competitive landscape, and the different needs across markets. This role requires an eye for business, analytical skills, and communicating business performance and insights clearly to a broad partner group. Postmates is uniquely positioned within Uber to be a complementary challenger brand; the ideal candidate for this role should be passionate about pushing our thinking forward, and have high aspirations for the long-term success of the business.
- Org keeper: The team drives the vision for what the organizational structure should look like based on strategic priorities, ways of working, and headcount budgets. Ensure the team has clear roles and responsibilities in order to ensure efficient decision making and accountability for results.
- Lead projects: Be the glue that brings teams together for critical initiatives. Be a hustling multi-tasker, driving cross-functional groups to decisions on strategically significant questions.
- Build Relationships: Interface beyond the core Postmates team with other teams and functional areas (UE Strategic Operations and Strategy & Planning, Marketing Brand, CRM, Performance, Business Development, People Operations, Legal, etc.) to demonstrate takeaways
- Set strategy: partner with S&P Lead and Postmates GM to set the vision, strategy, and goals for the Postmates business, and define strategic priorities. You will work closely with and advise business leaders across the organization on topics ranging from specific analyses to annual strategic multi-year vision planning.
- Maintain accountability: Develop and coordinate the governance and accountability models for the team to ensure that we are on track to achieve our goals. Own and maintain metrics dashboards and reporting cadences. Prepare content for regular business reviews
- Fact find: The team uses Uber’s rich dataset and external data sources to improve our understanding of our customers and markets to find opportunities and risks that may have a significant impact on the business. Be proactive about surfacing robust insights from this data, plus Support and Brand data, with clear recommendations.
- Data-driven decision mentality, sound business judgment, and strong analytical thinking
- Strong quantitative skills using Excel/Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, capable of coordinating multiple projects simultaneously
- Track record of driving strategic insights and tying strategy work to specific business goals; experience with competitive strategy a plus
- Self-starter demeanor – Able to self-serve, investigate, get the data required and convert it into meaningful insights and recommendations
- Passion for solving sophisticated, unstructured real-world problems with data. Critical thinking
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or confirmed experience in tech/startup or entrepreneurship
Company: Postmates Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A