View All Postmates JobsPostmates Inc
Postmates runs one of the largest marketplaces in the country, connecting consumers, merchants, and Postmates in real-time. Building high powered intelligence atop our large-scale dataset is a serious challenge and we are looking for candidates who are ready to dig in. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service, all on-demand.
As a Senior Manager of Machine Learning, you will lead a highly innovative team to strategically leverage the vast amounts of data on one of the largest on-demand delivery marketplaces to better serve our buyers, merchants, and fleet. Your primary focus will be leading the team to develop a product and technical strategy for our machine learning models and infrastructure, build advanced machine learning techniques, spearhead statistical analysis aligned to key business goals, and architect high-quality machine learning systems to be integrated with our products. You will be a strong advocate for our buyers, merchants, and fleet, leveraging data to better understand and serve them, and leading to stronger engagement and lifetime value.
- Determining the optimal pricing strategies to help our Postmates maximize their revenue
- Modeling and forecasting demand and supply to enable more intelligent matching, optimize the overall marketplace efficiency and provide valuable insights to our merchants and Postmates
- Identifying suspicious transactions and malicious users for risk control
- Natural Language Processing to understand text content on Postmates platform, including named entity resolution and recognization of reviews, descriptions and interactions between users on our marketplace
- Predicting the Postmates Delivery Time (PDT) and improving the dispatching algorithm
- Large scale Machine Learning algorithms and infrastructure that powers our Search Ranking models and Personalized Recommendation Engine
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in managing a highly productive data / ML engineering team.
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment and delivering functional excellence in small time durations.
- Experience in building end-to-end ML systems in the following areas: recommender systems, search ranking, Ads targeting, etc. Be familiar with reinforcement learning, contextual bandits, deep learning, logistic regression, gradient-based decision trees, etc.
- Ability to easily go from idea to working prototype in Python, Java and/or Scala. Previous experience with Hadoop, Hive,
- Spark, HBase, Google BigQuery, BigTable is a plus.
- Proven experience of driving incremental value and repeatable growth through products, and services directly tied to machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field
Company: Postmates Inc
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A