View All Progressive JobsProgressive Insurance
As a Data Analyst Lead in our Claims Control group, biannually you will focus on an in-depth analysis of claims trends along with root cause analysis, identification of internal/external drivers and impact assessment. You will collaborate with business partners across the company to gain/share knowledge of trends impacting our business. The analysis that is shared with senior leaders provides insights that help drive our claims process agenda. In addition to the highly complex analyses that is in support of the claims process areas (e.g. property, injury, etc.), there is a variety of ad-hoc analyses with minimal regular reporting responsibilities. Working alongside the claims data science and business intelligence teams offers the potential to learn new technical skills and assist on highly technical analyses, including predictive analytics and forecasting.
- In-depth knowledge of large data concepts, practices and terminology
- Expert programming skills (e.g. SAS or R or SQL)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field of study and a minimum of 5 year analytical work experience.
- Proven ability to develop predictive data, aptitude for learning and high proficiency in using data analysis reporting tools such as Tableau
- Ability to coach others, learn and adapt quickly, and work in a team-oriented environment
- Intermediate computer skills including MS Office – such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint – with advanced knowledge of spreadsheet functionality, including v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros
- In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years of analytical work experience.
- In lieu of a quantitative degree, a bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 7 years of analytical work experience.
Company: Progressive Insurance
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Canton, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A