As a communications subject matter expert, the Communications Project Manager works hand in hand with the Sr. Manager of Corporate Communications to develop, manage and drive Rent-A-Center’s internal communications across the organization. This role is responsible for managing the communication needs of multiple clients and multiple projects from inception to completion and on an ongoing basis. Ensures the company’s brand, priorities, vision and values are woven through multi-channel communications that drive coworker engagement, ensure execution and inform coworkers.
- Develop and implement short and long-term communication plans and deliverables to meet the goals and ensure execution of strategic initiatives across multiple departments/lines of business.
- Collaborate with graphics and video experts to ensure cohesive an strategic vision is achieved
- Manage the content, workflow, approvals and publication of one or more internal communication channels.
- Act as an advocate for the coworker, ensuring content seen across multiple communication channels is clear, concise, correct, engaging and actionable.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with business stakeholders to understand their needs and maximize internal communications as a tool to solve problems within their areas of the business
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to high standards of work
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Programs a plus.
- 3-5 years professional communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree. (Related field preferred: Communications, Journalism, etc.)
- Superior writing and verbal skills.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills. Every day in this position is different. The ability to apply good judgment, identify and address process gaps and to prioritize tasks is essential.
- Ability to work independently as well as the interpersonal abilities to maintain productive relationships with stakeholders in the face of competing needs and deadlines. Must be willing and able to ask the right questions to provide clear instruction in coworker communications.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A