The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Controls Retail Associates’ break schedule for backups, lunches and breaks.
- Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle tables, Men’s/Women’s 4-way features, and specialty racks.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Teaches all Associates the “Scan and Bag” best practice.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged and ticketed.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End area.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A