The Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) is responsible for protecting the assets of Ross Stores, Inc. while achieving shortage and safety goals for assigned stores/district(s)/area. This is done by managing, promoting, and directing all Loss Prevention initiatives and programs within the assigned group of stores and by developing and maintaining strong partnerships at the store, district, and zone levels. Through effective Operations and Human Resources partnerships, the ALPM implements company-driven shortage and safety solutions while providing regular direction and leadership to minimize operational shortage, mitigate theft and fraud, and maintain safe and secure environments for Ross associates and customers. At times, the ALPM will also work with other cross-functional groups to ensure integrated solutions positively impact shortage control and accident reduction initiatives. In partnership with Store Managers, ALPMs share supervisory responsibility for store-based Loss Prevention associates (Store Protection Specialists or SPS) and are involved in the ongoing hiring, training, development, and performance management of this team. Periodically, ALPMs may need to support the response to, recovery from, and future prevention of serious incidents within assigned market.
- Identify shortage risks through regular review of indicator reports; partner with stores to develop action plans to address/minimize operational shortage.
- Leverage exception and store reporting systems to identify theft activity (including cash shortage) in assigned stores.
- Aggressively identify, investigate, and resolve all internal and external theft and fraud, striving to minimize the impact of loss to the company and address new types of theft and fraud.
- Understand and respond to shortage processes (i.e. CNS, MOS, Front-End Operations, MPT, etc.) and analytics.
- Strictly adhere to all budget guidelines established in stores/district(s)/area.
- Ensure consistent execution of all deterrence resources/tools to proactively combat external loss.
- Ensure all Loss Prevention shortage audits are conducted consistently and objectively, with a focus on continuous improvement through partnership and training.
- Maximize utilization of all available merchandise protection tools and resources (including EAS, domes, alarm equipment, fitting room controls, shortage highway, etc.) to address loss in stores and throughout the company.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality thorough internal investigations; partner with store/district leadership and Human Resources to address associate behavior and take corrective actions.
- Achieve shortage reduction goals for assigned stores/district(s)/area.
- Drive resolution and case closure on all internal and external investigations, including timely follow up on internal leads from the corporate
- Investigative Analyst team or the Alertline process and external intelligence from other retailers or law enforcement groups regarding current market theft trends.
- Must have proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- BA degree or greater, preferably in Business or Criminal Justice.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects.
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- Experience in driving successful loss prevention, shortage control, accident reduction and fraud prevention programs.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- 5+ years directly-related, multi-unit Loss Prevention and/or Retail work experience.
- Proven ability to make good decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
- Must be able to travel
- Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Values and exhibits the highest level of personal integrity.
- Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A