- Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Assists in the management of and continuous monitoring of actual expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists with Associate Relations issues by communicating any incidents to the Store Manager or District Manager as needed.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two or more years of Store or Assistant Store Manager experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Fluency in English.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A