The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic
- Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A