Responsible for the management and supervision of all areas assigned by the Store Manager and follows policies in regard to Customers, Associates and merchandising. Responsible for learning all phases of Store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures compliance of Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists in the analysis of Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal regulations.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training and developing non-exempt Associates.
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the safety of Associates and Customers.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Communicates any variances to Company standards to the Store Manager.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Ensures scheduling and completion of all Associate cleaning tasks throughout the store, including restrooms.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency operating procedures.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to supervise, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Maintain high quality of Customer service.
- Ability to set priorities and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize those tasks, give direction and follow through to completion.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A