The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted for to Company policy.
- Conducts “Code 50” package inspections.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained properly.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting Rooms.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A