This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating “command” presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
- Gathers theft indicators and uses internal or external intelligence to impact shortage trends. Effectively communicates to Store Leadership and Loss Prevention Leadership.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Monitors entrances/exits as well as sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behavior.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Must be able to raise or lower objects more than 25 lbs., from one level to another (includes upward pulling).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with the Store team.
Excellent Customer service skills.
- One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred.
- One year loss prevention/security training preferred.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need).
- Active Security Guard License preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store..
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A