Responsible for all aspects of the Stores’ operations. Leads the entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits, trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices and productivity.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to Company merchandising guidelines.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business objectives.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and overall Store performance.
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District Manager as needed.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive discipline and termination when needed.
- Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and procedures.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and discretion.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve results.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC
Application Deadline: N/A