The Business Analyst is responsible for working on projects, assignments and problems of medium to large scope with some instruction from project or department leadership. Areas of focus include information management, relationship management, development lifecycle, technical operations and project management activities.
- Collect and consolidate data from responsible parties to be used for reporting and dashboard creation.
- When issues and/or outages occur, perform troubleshooting, provide support, and send communications to help resolve issues.
- Gather and document project risks and provide recommendations to project leadership or management on longer-term solutions.
- Manage meetings, issue resolution, escalation, etc. for the project team during the design and build phases of moderately complex projects.
- Document functional and other requirements based on customer or business partner feedback on moderately complex projects.
- Drive test execution throughout all phases of testing (i.e. unit, end-to-end, integration, performance, operational readiness, user acceptance.) for small to moderately complex projects.
- Gather and document project status updates from responsible parties and present to project leadership or management.
- Understand business processes within the distribution center and how systems enable the business processes.
- Alocate documentation activities to members of the team and self of all test-related deliverables including test approach, test scenarios, test cases/conditions, test scripts, and test results
- Develop the understanding of strengths/limitations various tools and technologies available.
- Ability to build stable working relationships
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the IT field or equivalent work experience
- Suitable level of working business knowledge
- Ability to understand and apply instructions or suggest alternate proven methods to move projects forward
- Able to create simple to complex analytical solutions
- Very strong understanding of productivity suite software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Business, Economics, Finance or Computer Science, or an equivalent diploma
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to take an abstract analytical problem and break it down into actionable tasks
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- SQL skills a plus
- Ability to follow established practices, policies and procedures
- Warehouse Management application knowledge preferable
- Strong communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brookshire, TX
Application Deadline: N/A