To lead, direct, develop and coordinate the total outbound flow of merchandise from our Pool Distribution providers to our retail store network. A high level of service must be provided while managing and controlling costs.
This position is responsible to develop and implement action plans to improve and sustain performance levels to the required metrics. This position will monitor and communicate actual performance levels and expectations cross functionally with leadership, procurement and providers
- Directs the development and execution of strategies to support outbound transportation supply chain integration for retail stores deliveries.
- Provides additional transportation needs as requested to address maintenance supplies and store supplies.
- Responsible for oversite and daily processing and store delivery execution of 28+ cross dock facilities to include financial controls, performance metrics, shrink control and risk mitigation strategies.
- To develop a partnership approach to business relationships internal and external to Ross. The ability to generate strong relationships and client confidence is critical.
- Manage a staff of 2 – 7 exempt and non-exempt associates. Managing the outbound supply-chain activity, tracing, tracking, performance, reporting, and network optimization for Store Delivery.
- Develop the requirements and procedures to coordinate between Ross Transportation, Ross Distribution Centers, Cross Dock facilities and stores.
- Knowledge of current transportation regulations and future regulatory direction
- Skillful negotiator with strong ability to influence
- Interactive ability to generate strong relationships and client confidence
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in work experience preferred
- 4 – 6 years manager level transportation experience to include outbound final mile deliveries.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company.
- High-Level working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Application Deadline: N/A