View All Royal Caribbean JobsRoyal Caribbean International
This Data Scientist will focus on architecting, deploying and evaluating the feasibility of emerging technologies within the fields of Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. They are expected to work independently and in collaboration with other Data Scientists to explore new capabilities that will continue to keep Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines ahead of its competitors in this space. While research oriented, the success of role will be dependent on the tangible value their efforts and the efforts of the Data Science team will add.
- This individual will be responsible for scripting/programming, mentorship, stakeholder presentation, collaboration with other team members to execute a research experiment within the framework of implementing, utilizing, and expanding R&D capabilities within the broader Data Science team.
- A successful candidate will possess a strong background, either professionally or academically, in statistics, mathematics, artificial intelligence, research methods, experiment design, developing novel solutions beyond the use of well-established methods, and taking new technologies to a prototype state that can be expanded into a robust product. The candidate should demonstrate a progressive maturation of prior research projects, publications, patents, or similar capabilities in the field of applied research
- Empower and enhance the capabilities of Data Scientists and the AI & Robotics team as whole to properly design R&D explorations, rapidly experiment with, prototype, and demonstrate the viability of in-house research.
Manipulates high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships and trends.
- Evaluate the progress of Data Scientists, the AI & Robotics team, and company at large on the acclimation of research methods towards the rapid delivery of experimental technologies to a prototype state. Execute these objectives with respect to both purely exploratory endeavors as well as established products requiring novel ingenuity to meet known stakeholder objectives.
- Collaborate with Digital, IT, Business stakeholders to design and implement R&D prototypes into broader automated systems and establish a Minimum Viable Product.
- Research and apply emerging forms of statistical, machine learning (neural networks / deep networks, ensemble methods, natural language processing, computer vision) and engineering methods to Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ data science and AI ecosystem. Must be comfortable doing so with little or not documentation or reliance on research articles and papers.
- Foster a ‘data-driven’ culture based on pragmatism and strategic decision through rigorous factual analysis at all levels. Should be willing to engage outside the immediate team to expand data science footprint throughout organization.
- Assist with research related to customer based analytical practice and develop communications for management and strategies for building institutional knowledge. Work with product and enterprise teams via both Agile And Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience with data mining processes (SEMMA, CRISP-DM), data preparation, consolidation, imputation, transformation, interaction, variable reduction, modeling, maintenance, and post-mortem analysis.
- Must have a strong background in one or more of the following: Mathematical, Statistics, Probability, Deep Learning,
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, Large Scale Data Mining or Artificial Intelligence.
- Ph.D. degree in a quantitative field preferred, but will also consider candidates that are currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program
- Experience with Deep Learning tools and packages such as TensorFlow, Keras, H2O, and Theano
- Experience with statistical methods such t-test of means, Tukey-HSD tests of means on groups, ANOVA, Proportion tests, data normalization and scaling, univariate and multivariate outlier detection.
- Masters degree required in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemical Engineering or field of comparable foundations in mathematical and statistical analysis through the use of models, algorithms or programmed solutions.
- 5+ years experience with any of the following programming languages: R, Python, Java, C++, C#, Scala, SAS, MATLAB or similar scripting languages. Similar experience and proficiency with SQL required.
- 5+ years designing experiments and researching novel solutions beyond established literature or documentation
Experience with frameworks and languages designed for big-data analysis, including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- 5+ years experience across a breadth of data science, AI and machine learning disciplines including, but not limited to: forecasting, natural language processing (topic modeling, semantic search, text classification), deep learning and GPU-based algorithms (CNN, LSTM), computer vision
- Experience in a large corporation or consulting firm with focus in marketing strategies, modeling, CRM and management sciences/statistics highly desired
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Experience with modeling techniques such as linear models, decision trees, neural networks, k-nearest-neighbor, support vector machines, cluster analyses, and ensembling methods.
- Strong Oral and Written skills.
- Must have published articles in a peer-reviewed scientific or academic journal, or filed patents in the fields of data science, artificial intelligence or machine learning
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks or APIs such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services and IBM/Watson
Company: Royal Caribbean International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A