View All Safeway JobsSafeway
- Assists the Assistant Store Director in directing the operation of the
- Grocery Department, including supervising and training personnel.
- Assists in ordering,receiving, backroom organization, stocking and merchandising. May direct and control the
operation of the entire store in the absence of the Store Director and the Assistant Store.
- Exposure to 35° Fahrenheit while handling products in cold cases, 28° Fahrenheit in the cooler and -20° Fahrenheit in the freezer.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment. Exposure to varying temperatures while working in the loading and receiving area.
- Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes the Company’s philosophy of personalized service
- Performs ordering, receiving, backroom organization, pricing, stocking and merchandising duties. Assists the Assistant Store Director in planning, organizing and directing day-today operations of the grocery department, including recommendations regarding regular and seasonal merchandise requirements and special sales needs. Assists in implementing Company and Division merchandising policies and/or Store Director.
- May act as back up checker/cashier. Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Prepares “to do list” for night stockers, closes out discontinued items and implements price changing procedures if needed.
- Controls shrink.
- Prevents the sale of out of code products.
- Ensures compliance with Company sanitation, safety, security and other policies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yakima, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A