View All San Diego Zoo Jobs San Diego Zoo Global
The Email Strategist supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Email Strategist assists in leading and managing mass market fundraising, sales, and stewardship campaigns through innovative email communications and other digital tactics. This includes developing online strategies, project managing various outreach campaigns, creating strategic email programs, ensuring data hygiene best practices, and analyzing complex data to increase revenue and the ROI of projects for SDZG’s Membership Program, Monthly Giving Program, and other miscellaneous organizational initiatives. This position reports to the Director of Membership.
- Develops, tests, and implements optimization strategies to improve email, web, digital advertising, and social media performance related to organizational goals.
- Assists in the establishment of operating objectives and key performance indicators for email and digital revenue, including engagement, acquisition, and conversion.
- Assists with development and implementation of ongoing email capture strategies, including advocacy programs, list building campaigns, and engagement of current email subscribers.
- Traffics digital assets, approvals, and complex requests from multiple departments.
- Researches emerging online giving trends, optimization strategies, technologies, and innovative fundraising techniques including the use of social media platforms.
- Works with various departments to coordinate email and digital communication efforts related to sales, membership, and other fundraising programs and projects.
- Monitors online contribution and activity to the fundraising web and donation pages.
- Along with the Director of Membership, creates strategies for email marketing and fundraising appeals, integrated digital advertising campaigns, stewardship correspondence, member alerts, and surveys.
- Devises new digital tactics and strategies to acquire potential donors, increase online followers, and build ongoing communication with current supporters and prospects.
- Conducts and shares data analysis of email, web, digital advertising, and social media performance.
- Website and other analytic tools, email marketing, and project management.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge, HTML, CSS, Adobe Acrobat, and Dreamweaver.
- Email and digital fundraising strategies including SEO, SEM, Google grants, peer-to-peer fundraising, crowdfunding, lead generation through social channels, and digital advertising.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Luminate Online, Google Tag Strategist, Google Analytics, and Photoshop.
- Five years of experience in digital marketing or direct response marketing required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication or marketing required.
- Experience developing email and digital campaigns for non-profit fundraising, advocacy, donor engagement, or a target-driven direct response agency preferred.
- Specialized training should include professional experience in a non-profit organization, fundraising, or content marketing (preferred).
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A