View All San Diego Zoo JobsSan Diego Zoo Global
The Retail Operations Inventory Control Manager supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by uniting our expertise in animal care and conservation science with our dedication to inspiring passion for nature and leading the fight against extinction. The Retail Operations-Inventory Control Manager is responsible for Department inventory and point of sale processes. This position reports to the Senior Retail Operations Manager.
- Oversees Warehouse Operations, including deliveries, product procurement, invoicing, and par accuracy.
- Oversees Department audit functions, designing and implementing Best Practices.
- Manage multiple store/restaurant/shared revenue business inventory and point of sale functions, ensuring accuracy and integrity of sales reporting.
- Responsible for point of sale register operations – functionality and accuracy.
- Manages Advanced reporting and discrepancy reconciliation between Inventory Control and point of sales/accounting systems
- Responsible for Retail staff, including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training and performance management.
- Effectively Partners with Finance, Purchasing, Corporate Merchandising, and Safari Park Retail to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Manages user information accounts with assigned vendors
- Manages Inventory and point of sale transactional software functionality.
- Manages Department food service recipe creation and cost of goods accuracy
- Ensures accuracy of inventory receipt processing and payment.
- Performs advanced point of sale and cost of goods analytics and provides business recommendations
- Represents the Retail Department with outside Inventory and point of sale vendors.
- Responsible for creating and managing accurate recipe formulation, depletion, and reporting.
- Oversees Department Information Systems and Network requirements.
- San Diego County Food Handler’s Card within 30 Days
- California Driver’s License
- Able to proactively problem solve complex Retail inventory and point of sale challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, hospitality, or related field preferred.
- 4-6 Years Must have 2-3 years prior inventory/point of sale management or related experience required
- Demonstrated ability to lead highly effective teams.
- 2 Years inventory systems/point of sale management
- Knowledge of inventory best practices.
- Able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of point of Sale register systems and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment while producing a high level of results.
- Able to operate moderately complex computer software programs.
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A