View All San Diego Zoo JobsSan Diego Zoo Global
The Human Resources Manager supports San Diego Zoo Global’s mission and vision of saving species worldwide by coordinating and leading the efforts of the Human Resources team in the day-to-day operations and aligning the human resources function with the overall strategy of the San Diego Zoo Global (SDZG) operations. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, onboarding and training new team members in the department.
- Oversee & support the day-to-day human resources front office operations, ensures efficiencies and high levels of employee customer service.
- Assist in interpreting the Collective Bargaining Agreement as needed.
- Ensure department budget is adhered to and adjustments made based on operational needs.
- Enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Assist in implementing organization strategy.
- Consult with all employees to provide Human Resource guidance for issues including, but not limited to coaching & counseling, interpretation of laws and policies related to employment and all other areas of human resources discipline.
- Support Talent team by counseling managers on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interview and recommending changes.
- Assist in rewards and recognition programs and training strategies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Must be able to operate Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to prepare and make presentations.
- SHRM Certification Preferred
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have 3 years human resource management experience.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to work collaboratively with diverse group of people of various ages, abilities and backgrounds.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- California Driver License
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Must have thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, regulations and labor relations.
Company: San Diego Zoo Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Escondido, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A