Website ShopRite Supermarkets
- To effectively direct and supervise all functions and activities of the Night Crew Department and its Associates to achieve the Department’s goals (i.e. sales, profit, Customer Experience, and Associate Engagement) in accordance with our Purpose and Service Priorities under the direction of the General Store Manager.
- Observe all safety regulations when operating equipment and utilize Personal Protective Equipment.
- Use and maintain equipment in good working order; immediately advise Store Management of any maintenance or equipment problems.
- Ensure that Associates operating power equipment (balers, hi-lo’s, power jacks, slicing machines, etc.) are 18 years of age or older.
- Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Night Crew Department that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights 60 lbs.
- Perform all duties in accordance with all Company policies and programs, and all Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations, including all environmental, health, safety and security policies, programs, laws and regulations.
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment in accordance with Department QA standards.
- Clearly communicate and consistently enforce department and Company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the Company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
- Understand and adhere to all procedures in emergency situations.
- Supervise the proper use of all equipment by Associates, including Personal Protective Equipment.
- Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs., and that occasionally weights up to 60 lbs.
- Set up and maintain a proper cleaning maintenance schedule of entire department.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
- Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking and storage areas.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to engage and lead Associates to achieve department goals.
Company: ShopRite Supermarkets
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A