At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in the planning of network architecture, design.
- Increase network capabilities through the design of protocol compatibility standards, network enhancements and implementation and improvement recommendations.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Encourage company-wide excellence and growth by supporting all technical efforts to enhance the client experience.
- Optimize and configure the existing network by planning and working on projects, systems and issues of medium to high complexity.
- Guide and mentor less experienced team members to improve departmental productivity.
- Maximize projects by integrating communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Improve productivity through in-depth new product evaluations and develop resolutions to network issues during implementation.
- Ensure a successful project completion by documenting and implementing approved procedure methods.
- Support tiers across the organization during program implementations by providing escalated troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Enhance efficiency by serving on one or more projects simultaneously and occasionally as a project team lead.
- In-depth data networking knowledge with transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), the open systems interconnection (OSI) model and optical transport.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Experienced in using internal and vendor ticketing and software tools.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of network design, devices, appliances, architecture, protocols and topology.
- Three or more years of data network experience.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Expert in related industry specifications and standards for Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), American National
- Standards Institute (ANSI), fiber, multi-mode, single-mode, unshielded twisted pair (UTP), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet and transport technologies and protocols.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (preferred).
- Knowledge of Spectrum Enterprise products and services.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Syracuse, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A