Responsible for managing construction efforts of in-house and contract labor for new construction, maintenance and rebuild projects for all Management Areas within the Region. Responsible for safety and quality of work performed within the construction department. Attainment of budgeted financial objectives for the Regional Construction Organization.
- Authorize company expenditures related to construction activities.
- Handle customer and contractor problems related to construction.
- Oversee permitting and make-ready process.
- Attainment of financial objectives and control costs by assisting in negotiating contracts.
- Assist in preparing annual budget.
- Oversee all construction reporting and tracking .
- Analyze needs and designs for construction projects.
- Track and trend expenditures and approve invoices within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain open communications with other departments.
- Oversee management of inventory requirements for construction projects.
- Ensure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements.
- Establish positive employee relations through effective communication and ongoing support.
- Build and maintain positive relationships by representing Charter with utilities, developers, permitting agencies and government officials.
- Ensure compliance with system, corporate and FCC requirements by compiling and generating reports and statistics on construction activities on a timely basis.
- Perform site inspections for quality control for in house and contract labor.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to manage emergencies and rapidly changing priorities, and to effectively direct the work activities of others under all work conditions
- Ability to use handheld communication devices and applications
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
Qualification & Experience:
- Construction work experience 7+Leadership experience 5+
- Project management experience 4+
- Finance and Budgeting experience
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (NCTI, SCTE, BCT/E)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Spartanburg, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A