View All Spectrum JobsSpectrum
The Spectrum Area Manager is responsible for building, owning and driving a sales and retention culture across the Spectrum Stores within a key metro market, parts of a key metro market or large dispersed geographical area. Actively and consistently supports efforts of their teams to engage customers in a retail environment and drive the sale and retention of Spectrum product and services. Consistently demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching skills to create a motivated work environment where employees can excel.
- Manages crisis situations and escalates to leadership as necessary.
- Builds employee engagement and high performing teams by recruiting, training and retaining the best talent within their span of control.
- Maintains established departmental performance standards, including FCC and franchise performance standards.
- Establishes check and balances with store management to maintain appropriate levels of staffing at all stores within their markets.
- Consistently meets or exceeds operational and expense management standards within their scope of responsibility, while minimizing or eliminating losses to the company.
- Ensures their stores meet Spectrum brand and merchandising expectations and that a thriving culture of customer care exists at all store locations within their span of control.
- Ensures management teams have subject matter expertise on all store functions, including the Spectrum Store Customer Experience (SSCE), Spectrum products, pricing plans, promotions, service features and visual standards, as well as those of competitors.
- Ensures the successful rollout of new product and merchandising launches by their management teams.
- Plans, organizes, staffs and directs multiple Spectrum stores.
- Utilizes strong assessment skills to continually inspect everything from the sales behaviors to the product knowledge of the teams within their span of control and lead change efforts as needed.
- Ensures sales managers and their teams are retaining customers through positive customer relationship building, diffusing customer escalations, utilizing strong listening skills and probing techniques to overcome objectives and save/upgrade customers.
- Leads multiple teams of Store Managers, motivating and engaging them to meet and exceed their sales goals, while delivering a clean, organized and fully operational retail experience for all customers and employees.
- Proactively identifies issues, builds action plans and seeks opportunities to grow their business and increase customer satisfaction.
- Coaches, mentors and motivates store management to feel empowered to achieve their key performance metrics through multiple forums; one-on-ones, team huddles and department meetings.
- History of identifying trends and risk and effectively communicating those to their leaders, then working to develop response plans
- Proven ability to build a strong sales culture and high-performing teams, while demonstrating strong customer orientation
- Build good partnerships within all areas of the organization by exhibiting excellent interpersonal leadership, influencing and presentation skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and software applications
- Proven ability to handle change management
- Solid experience in launching and managing multiple projects simultaneously and providing status updates on their success
- A proven ability to lead others and motivate them to succeed in a goal and incentive based work environment
- Launched or managed multiple locations in their career
- High comfort level with personal technology, such as mobile devices and personal video platforms
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers, in person, on the phone and by written communication in a clear, straight-forward and professional manner
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet Charter’s motor vehicle requirements
- Background as a Director, District Manager or Store Manager in a destination shopping environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A