View All Spirit Airlines JobsSpirit Airlines
The Analyst, Ancillary Revenue achieves its revenue goals through revenue maximizing strategies for different ancillary products such as bags, seats, product bundles and others. The analyst will research, create, and test new ways to improve ancillary revenue using pricing and revenue management techniques. Additionally, the analyst will work with marketing to develop pricing and strategy for new ancillary products.
- Develop reports and alerts to perform in-depth market analysis, monitor performance, and identify revenue opportunities.
- Work closely with Consumer Marketing and IT on system requirements for ancillary pricing.
- Design effective processes, procedures and practices that eliminate complexity and streamline execution; is committed to continuous improvement and willing to redesign processes from scratch if necessary.
- Define and implement “surcharges” for peak travel periods; monitor and report on success.
- Conduct research on more sophisticated methods for managing ancillary revenues; work with PRM specialists to develop mathematical models to revenue manage ancillary revenue; Evaluate revenue benefit of new methodologies vs. costs of implementation and ongoing effort.
- Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis of ancillary products.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Create and modify pricing structures for ancillary products utilizing historical performance and future booking information.
- Analyze market dynamics, trends, and market opportunities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Measures performance against goals; knows what to measure and how to measure it effectively, monitoring process and progress, adjusting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Effectively copes with change regardless of scope and can shift direction comfortably with minimal disruption.
- Enjoys working hard and relishes a challenge.
- Uses an analytical approach to problem solving – gathers data and compiles analysis to make informed decisions.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills required.
- Job function entails long hours working at a desk on a computer.
- Airline Pricing/ Revenue Management Experience preferred.
- Takes initiative in identifying and resolving issues.
- Excellent communicator – both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and ensure accuracy while meeting rigid deadlines.
- Effective time management – must be able to prioritize areas of opportunities and concern to address items with the greatest impact on improving revenue.
- Can work and think independently, but also collaborates with colleagues and seeks consensus.
- Must be able to work well with others in a dynamic team environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience required.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A