Website Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines is seeking a talented Guest Service Manager to join our growing team at the Tampa International Airport. The Manager of Guest Service is a department lead with full responsibility and accountability for all guest service functions at the station. These include but are not limited to service delivery (courtesy and friendliness), staff planning, on time performance, baggage service, oversight of the different areas of the operation (lobby, gates, baggage), management of irregular operations, communication and coordination with other station department and head office, leading a business partner workforce (where applicable), managing to the department budget and ensuring that the department adheres to all company and regulatory customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Establish and maintain an appropriate organizational structure and headcount.
- Appropriately manage a business partner workforce at outsourced stations and maintain a constructive relationship with leadership of the business partners.
- Ensure that all areas are appropriately staffed and plan ahead to anticipate future staffing needs or deficiencies and take steps to ensure staffing remains adequate at all times.
- Suspension of work in any area for safety or operational needs.
- Ensure that the guest service department meets or exceeds operational goals such as on-time performance, courtesy and friendliness, Mishandled Baggage Ratio (MBR), management of irregular operations, and compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements (DOT, FAA, ADA).
- Assignment of station resources (people and equipment).
- Ensure that the department operates within established budget.
- Prepare annual department budget. Anticipate future departmental needs and budget for them accordingly.
- Highly approachable professional demeanor In-depth knowledge of airport operations.
- Must be willing to be fingerprinted and have the ability to pass a background check to obtain security badges for airport locations.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds consistently.
- Work under pressure while still maintaining near 100% accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs Ability to work independently on multiple assignments.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision/direction Occasional travel required.
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- At least five (5) to ten (10) years experience in airport operations preferred with at-least five years required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in aviation related field preferred.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A