- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations.
- While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment.
- Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Follow all of the safety procedures
- Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Select full case and break pack orders by pulling, stacking and labeling merchandise and bringing it to the staging area
- Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location
- Check-in inbound product and tag product accordingly
- Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Breaks down pallets of returned product, match item quantity and description to returned packing slip and note any differences
- Maintain pick locations by cutting product open and placing product in primary picking locations
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker
- Passing a background and drug screen REQUIRED
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Ability to work at heights up to 40 feet or more as needed
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A