View All Staples JobsStaples
- Temporary position – 90 day assignment with the opportunity to get converted into a direct hire in 90 days or less!
- Reaching your full potential is more than a job for Staples associates! We offer competitive pay & benefits, while recognizing efforts to achieve career goals. This is an opportunity to be part of the Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and to provide essential products to our customers.
- Breaks down pallets of returned product, match item quantity and description to returned packing slip and note any differences
- Stack empty pallets; clean and sweep work area and remove trash regularly
- Perform all tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
- Check-in inbound product and tag product accordingly
- Inspect all power equipment and complete the safety inspection sheet before operation
- Follow all of the safety procedures
- Select full case and break pack orders by pulling, stacking and labeling merchandise and bringing it to the staging area
- Operate material handling equipment to move product within the warehouse
- Perform various receiving functions, such as unloading trucks and putting away product in the correct overstock location
- Organize orders to be picked in an efficient manner
- Maintain pick locations by cutting product open and placing product in primary picking locations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 66 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer and RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
Qualification & Experience:
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Minimum three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Ability to work at heights up to 30 feet or more as needed
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker helpful
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Ability to become certified in the operation of warehouse equipment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A