The Fleet Delivery Operations Manager leads the operation of Staples Delivery Operations by managing and ensuring the timely and complete delivery of all orders. In this role, you will lead and manage towards excellent customer service and customer retention.
You will collaborate with the Director of Delivery Operations for preparing and planning strategies to meet the SDO’s daily, weekly, and monthly customer service and financial goals and to develop, refine, implement and administer departmental fleet policies, procedures and systems to provide effective service to all customers and channels at the lowest cost possible.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In your role as a leader, you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
- An ability to manage through change and strive for continuous improvement by analyzing and making recommendations to established departmental processes and procedures
- An ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of your team, at all levels to ensure successful customer outcomes
- Must obtain a 6-month DOT medical card specific to the role
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- An ability to be comfortable working in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations
- An ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- At least 3 years of experience working in a Delivery /Final Mile environment
- An ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience and working knowledge of transportation systems and processes, productivity standards, and technology
- An ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices which create a safety culture in the warehouse
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record indicating a safe driving history acceptable to the company and at all times remain eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle under applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen to the extent legally permissible
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Myers, FL
Application Deadline: N/A