At Staples our Digital Solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, Agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners, and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services. If you want to be on the front lines, driving one of the greatest technology transformations of the 21st Century, you should join our team!
Provides technical support for systems and users in multiple facilities in Montgomery NY region. Evaluates needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering, network and operations staff to determine solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall systems and network performance. Typically reports to a project leader and/or manager and is part of a remote team of technical analysts throughout the New York and Northeast Region of the US. Daily support of all technical equipment in Montgomery Fulfillment Center. This will include but not limited to:
- Local and remote associate’s PC’s, printers, and mobile devices
- Network gear installation and configuration of Cisco routers and Layer 2/3 switches
- Extreme RF networks
- Zebra, Kyocera printers, and multifunction devices
Includes daily support of remote and local end users for all problems entered into the ticket logging system (ServiceNow), including determining priority and adhering to Service Level Agreements.
Schedule repair, upgrading, and preventive maintenance of all personal computers, laptops and printers. Will work closely with 3rd party vendors for requesting quotes, writing purchase orders, and managing their work for projects. Relocation and networking of all personal computers, laptops, and printers. Assist in small to large project work for projects initiated by both Staples as well as 3rd party vendors. Maintenance of all relevant infrastructure documentation. Visio, Excel, and AutoCAD used in documentation. 24/7 On call coverage rotation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/ projects at one time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service abilities
- Must be available for scheduled 24/7 on call rotation.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment and printers.
- Experience in supporting Distribution and Supply Chain/Warehousing infrastructure environments
- BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration or related field
- Must work well as part of a team and independently
- Excellent time-management skills required
- 5+ years or greater of Personal Computer experience: PC software / hardware, Microsoft Office 365, Windows 10, & software deployment systems (SCCM)
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP LAN and WAN networks
- Cisco stack and networking knowledge
- Avaya/Cisco IP-tel / VOIP experience a plus
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, NY
Application Deadline: N/A