While you may know Staples as the world’s leading office supply company, Staples Promotional Products – a division of Staples – is a national leader in the promotional products and apparel industry and manufacturer and supplier of customer identified caps, garments, and advertising specialty items.
- Proactively learning and developing overall skills of the Merchandising department for future growth and development.
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to develop core strategies that meet the needs and timelines of client projects.
- Aiding the merchandising team leads in product presentation to clients.
- Assisting teammates with development of product collections to be features in online selling platforms.
- Building relationships and gaining knowledge of vendor network and their capabilities.
- Gaining a deep understanding and knowledge of internal systems to meet all deadlines of client projects.
- Learning all brand guidelines of clients and appropriate use for products.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply new technology
- Visual and creative merchandising skills and abilities.
- Creative trouble-shooting skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and positive attitude.
- Possess a positive attitude that supports teamwork and strong communication.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of related work experience; retail sales, product management, retail industry internship
- Retail product expertise and knowledge of trend forecasting and research.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stick to deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of retail product trends, trend forecasting, and product assortment development.
- Microsoft Office; Outlook, PPT, Excel, Word
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Overland Park, KS
Application Deadline: N/A