Website State Farm
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
Todd A. Bowers & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm insurance companies, is seeking a legal secretary with civil defense litigation experience to join our Seattle, WA. Candidates must be detail-oriented, adaptable, resourceful and have the ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to supporting 2 attorneys with calendar/scheduling depositions, mediations, hearings, electronic filing with the courts and drafting routine correspondence, motions and pleadings. Required work hours are 8:00 AM-4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Knowledge of the Civil Rules for Superior Courts in Washington
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Proficiency in software technology, tools, and case management software
- Familiarity with court rules of procedure
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.
- Knowledge of legal and medical terminology, local and state rules regarding pleadings and pre-trial matters, deadlines, and filing requirements
- Comfortable working in a high volume work environment where it is critical to stay organized and prioritize work as it’s assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and internal/external customers
- Experience working in Adobe and Microsoft Office
- 1+ years of civil defense litigation secretarial experience preferably in the area of insurance defense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of E-Filing with court systems
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Company: State Farm
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A