The Director, Food Safety and Quality – LAC- will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to the Subway Latin America & Caribbean regional corporate and franchise communities on all food safety and quality initiatives and emerging issues. Guide the strategic development of programs and systems to ensure the strictest standards of safety and quality are upheld in all LAC markets.
- Act as subject matter expert to all internal teams (IPC, PR, Customer Care, Legal) managing restaurant and customer food safety and quality assurance complaints.
- Develop metrics and oversee team monitoring of key performance indicators for food safety for global suppliers and restaurants.
- Manage team of country/market-level Food Safety & Quality Managers and ensure execution of appropriate business priorities.
- Provide expertise, support, and guidance to internal and external partners in resolving complex food safety and product quality challenges.
- Lead and direct continued implementation of best-in-class food safety and supplier management processes (specifications, incident management, execution of product development and innovation initiatives) across the LAC region.
- Liaise with industry and academic partners on key FWH/IPC initiatives.
- He/she must have exceptional communication, writing, presentation, and training skills for audiences from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Individual must have a strong knowledge of food microbiology and how it relates to product safety and quality parameters.
- Individual must also have strong organizational agility, ability to handle conflict within all levels of the Subway organization, and experience developing working relationships with industry and regulatory officials.
- Candidate must be comfortable with the formulation and manufacturing controls for all product categories (proteins, dairy, bakery, etc.) supplied within the Subway system.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A