View All Subway JobsSubway
The R&D Manager provides food science and culinary expertise in executing the culinary strategy while working closely with Marketing to lead the innovation process, collaborating cross-functionally, and developing and commercializing new and improved products, platforms and processes. This role works cross functionally to monitor existing products for quality assurance, and to assist in developing new products and the commercialization process.
- Assisting Purchasing with quality assurance investigations, research new vendors, and develop new vendor relationships for products, equipment, and small wares.
- Identifying gaps with current product offering and ideate solutions to fill customer needs and drive incremental growth for the business.
- Conducting formal product evaluation cuttings with key team members within the organization.
- Performing statistical analyses on product testing results.
- Leading existing product improvements, formulary changes or enhancements, and cost improvement initiatives. This includes complete product evaluations, refinements, and documentation.
- Partnering with QA & Operation team to refine product through the Commercialization process.
- Writing product specifications/ recipes on all new products and provide R&D approval for any changes to existing specifications.
- Working closely with QA on commercialization and spec revisions.
- Food commercializing experiences.
- Well-developed sense of taste and aesthetics, balanced with value-drivers in food.
- Strong team player and motivated problem solver.
- Clear, concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience in developing research templates and test designs and evaluating data.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience of multi-location national and / or regional chain desired.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, database, Internet, and documentation software required.
- Knowledge of Nutrition and labeling guidelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and be organized.
- communicate effectively with R&D peers and Management group. Including the ability to present both verbal and written findings, project reports, and status update.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment, and to balance changing priorities to drive key projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and personal initiative, and a natural sense of inquisitiveness and curiosity.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A