Mid level payments system development manager to serve as the Manager of Software Engineering for the Subway Payments team. A Software Engineering professional experienced in leading a software development shop, managing enterprise-grade Card Present, Card Not Present, Loyalty, and Gift Card systems, driving best-in class software development approaches, leading and contributing to the mentoring and growth of multiple teams of engineers, coaching them and encouraging them to embrace Agile, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration practices. Effective in maximizing on-shore and off-shore teams, and experienced in aligning development in multiple locations. Management of multiple projects and increasing complexity and ability to effectively resolve problems. We are looking for an inspirational hands-on engineering leader, who works as one of the team, who leads by example through excellent performance and execution.
- Align development, testing, and delivery model for Payments teams to best utilize the appropriate model for each work stream, be it Agile/Scrum or Waterfall, automated functional and non-functional testing as applicable, leveraging
- Infrastructure-as-Code and Continuous Deployment tools and practices. Implement best industry practices in alignment with Enterprise Technology direction.
- Responsible for Time and On Budget delivery of approved work streams for Card Not Present platforms and teams, delivered in accordance with the Franchise World Headquarters Technology operating model and resourcing mix
- Responsible for Time and On Budget delivery of approved work streams for Card Present platforms and teams, delivered in accordance with the Franchise World Headquarters Technology operating model and resourcing mix
- Effective project management skills and the ability to lead multiple projects and teams (onshore and offshore). An eye for quality is a must
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively write
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to decompose and review problems from multiple angles (both quantitative and qualitative) to identify opportunities and drive appropriate tactical and strategic action.
- 8+years of IT related experience preferably in software development or related technical domain area plus at least 3 years of related management experience 5+ years in leading software development teams 5-7 in leveraging agile, test driven development, continuous deployment, and other industry best practices
- 5+ Years of Experience Managing Staff
- Direct management of technical staff from entry level through senior and lead levels with ability to motivate, reward and provide constructive criticism and corrective action.
- Deep understanding of payment products, credit card and close-loop networks, Alt-Pay options and emerging cross-border standards (i.e. Nexo)
- An ability to delegate, set goals, measure performance and achieve desired results from direct reports and provide accountability at an individual and team level
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field;
- Master’s Preferred
- An ability to solve problems and resolve conflicts with a strong sense of ownership
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cleveland, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A