As a Senior Human Resource Specialist, you’ll also provide technical and administrative support to the HR team by accurately maintaining employee records, owning administration of employment orientation, compensation/benefits, supporting execution of cyclical processes, workers compensation, payroll and owning all required record keeping. To complete this work, you’ll be required to interact with our Target team members at varying levels within the organization (Field and HQ), as well as our external candidates.
- You’ll support the staffing needs of the distribution center through ensuring our teams are set up for employee orientation, ensuring compliance with Federal and State employment regulations and company policy in all areas of employment (including hiring, promotion, transfers, resignations, and terminations).
- You’ll also work to ensure our compensation and benefits programs are executed timely, follow the appropriate timekeeping and record keeping practices, and assist with any questions as needed.
- Our employee training is also a priority and as a Senior HR Specialist, you’ll ensure that the training programs are executed in a timely manner, and that there is accurate record of regulatory and corporate trainings.
- We service our teams, and in order to do that, you will assist with answering employee questions and escalating concerns to leadership as appropriate.
- There may also be special projects assigned to you, which include coordation of building cyclical processes and new initatives.
- You will do all this by working efficiently both individually and as a team, by sharing your ideas, and adapting to change.
- It is also vital that you report to work on time and complete job tasks assigned accurately and on time to contribute to the overall distribution center results.
- As a Senior HR Specialist, you’ll be a key strategic partner for leadership, as well as a valuable resource and guide for team mambers, providing guidance, and support to make them successful.
- You’ll make a positive impact on how team members experience organizational change, and you’ll use information and close partnership with leaders to build the teams that achieve their specific business goals.
- Maintains positive and respectful attitude while working independently and in a team environment
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, computer systems (examples include Excel, Word, O365)
- Strong customer/client service skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with all levels of organization, both internal and external
- Anticipates problems (and escalates when appropriate), demonstrates strong prioritization and organization skills, catches errors, and takes action to complete tasks accurately and on time
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of adminstrative experience
- Ability to multi-task and be a flexible team player, who can easily adapt to change
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to take initative, and make fair and consistent decisions that align with our strategy and values
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A