View All Target JobsTarget
Serve as a single site safety manager supporting regional leadership. Responsible for driving safe processes and ensuring compliance to all safety regulations. Responsible for providing safety expertise leveraging lean principles and hierarchy of controls to ensure the safety of our team members. Develop and deliver safe processes through engineering and ergonomic solutions in partnership key stakeholders.
Identify trends and areas of risk within buildings and support operations in corrective measures. Continuously improve the safety culture through instruction and training of Safety and operations leaders on safety programs. Takes direction from Senior Manager of Safety on Safety Continuous Improvement Assessments and Action Plans. Is responsible for assigned building Action Plan completion.
Assess performance, communicate to all levels of management, and ensure safety is incorporated into supply chain processes. Escalates and reports critical issues, compliance gaps and emerging risks to Senior Manager of Safety (SMS).
- Solicits feedback and identifies benchmarking opportunities within the industry to identify tools, processes, systems and equipment to reduce the risk of injury.
- Coaches, trains, and reviews assigned buildings HICP, HOC/II, and root cause analysis
- Perform floor walks to interact with team, audit for compliance and execution of safety programs.
- Responsible for having a thorough working knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations.
- Supports the development and follow up of any remediation plans due to safety related citations
- Utilizes CI tools as appropriate to identify safety solutions for unique processes.
- Review metrics and incident details daily/weekly, and monitors, trains, and ensures accurate root cause and corrective measures.
- Ensures safety processes are followed to maintain compliance with regulations.
- Hygiene, Environmental, and Field Compliance Team to address team member health exposure issues that are related to safety enforcement activities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to building teams on safety related regulatory compliance issues.
- Oversees building’s response in the event of significant safety event
- Assists with specialized safety program development and implementation.
- Serve as on-site incident leader in the event of a severe injury
- Works closely with other Compliance partners, including Industrial
- Ensure safety programs and rollouts are implemented. Monitor for execution and compliance.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- Associate’s Degree/Bachelor’s Degree B.A./B.S. or equivalent of 3-5 years safety experience
- Ability to travel as required
- Supply Chain Operations or Store Operations related experience
- Industry expertise and proven leadership skills
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Safety Expertise in Supply Chain
- CSP, MBA
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills (root cause critical thinking)
- Safety Automation or manufacturing experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A