View All Toyota JobsToyota
The Application Engineer is a technology leader responsible for application development and support across the portfolio, focusing on applications in the North American Quality, Service Support & Field Operations systems area. The Application Engineer plans, advises and provides internal consulting services to develop and apply technology solutions that align with North American Quality goals and objectives.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture to review and analyze major design decisions, ultimately providing recommendations and seeking buy-in.
- Apply disciplined software development processes and utilize leading-edge technologies to engineer and implement automated solutions to business problems.
- Provide leadership to suppliers in systems analysis and design of complex system architectures and multi-platform business processes.
- Address the impact of changes in business and technology strategies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Agile methodology and the Scrum Framework.
- Understand changing business needs and recommend technology strategies for the future based on technical and economic feasibility.
- Communicate with users, customers, and management on the future vision for, use of, and operability of the systems.
- Build relationships with business units that we support bridging the gap between understanding their business needs and communicating with the technical resources delivering solutions.
- Technical oversight of vendor teams building solutions. Review technical designs and builds for adherence to standards and best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts, influence and persuade the business, and make recommendations to management.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, Build Farm.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI, AWS Quicksight, or Tableau.
- Experience with Program and/or project management is a plus.
- Experience with Java, Angular, SOAP/REST Web Services, WebLogic, JBOSS, Cloud Computing, Container technology, and DevOps tools.
- Experience in multiple-year projects involving large-scale system development.
- Experience in application production support, ensuring SLA’s are adhered to, and upgrades occur as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Progressive work experience in IT or a related field.
- Experience with AWS platform and products.
- Experience guiding application support and/or project implementation vendors…
- Experience with DevOps methodology, pipeline tools, and the Scrum framework.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A