The primary responsibility of this role will be developing data structures and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection to drive Quality Improvement at TMMK. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys finding trends in data sets and developing algorithms to help make raw data more useful to the enterprise. The Data Engineer will be part of cross-functional teams on data initiatives. This person should be a self-starter and be able to successfully handle supporting the data needs of multiple initiatives.
- Support activities to assure TMMK completed vehicle and supplied parts quality.
- Monitor group KPIs, identify & resolve issues using FMDS (Floor Management Development System) and/or TBP (Toyota Business Practices) methods.
- Support deployment of the Quality Hoshin (Management Led Strategic Planning) within TMMK.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain data products
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Design and Build scalable data infrastructures required for optimal extraction, transformation (ELT, ETL), and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Big Data technologies
- Support the build of analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights for business stakeholders, including data preparation for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Implement strategies to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Be current on latest industry developments and trends to help lead the development of system/process improvements
- Ensure consistency of process and usage, and champion best practices in data management
- Work with both business and technical stakeholders on data issue resolution
- Drive the creation of roadmaps, maintain product portfolio components
- Collaborate with Product owners, Enterprise architects, Business SMEs as well as different sub-groups within the Data organization (Platform, Analytics, Governance, MDM) to effectively lead data project delivery
- Proven ability to grasp new and emerging technologies and concepts
- Experience with DevOps and Testing tools
- Data engineering experience with demonstrated ability to design and develop data products
- Hands on experience in data modeling, data pipeline development, and ELT/ETL implementations
- Experience with Data quality frameworks and data profiling tools
- Ability to travel locally and internationally for up to 15% of the time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create and present concepts and recommendations to executive management
- Technical experience in SQL database design and programing languages such as Java/Scala Spark, Python or similar
- Experience with Data Management and Governance best practices
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Data Lake development
- Hands on experience on Cloud Based technologies (AWS/GCP)
- Excellent communication skills to influence and persuade others
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lexington, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A