View All Toyota JobsToyota
Toyota’s Purchasing Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Purchasing Analyst.
The primary responsibility of this role is to develop sourcing strategies, cost analysis / standards, and quality metrics to ensure Toyota maintains a sustainable competitive advantage through its North American supply chain.
- Execute strategy and work closely with buyers on other commodities to ensure all targets, and due dates are met
- Participate in early design work to optimize the part design / manufacturing environment through Value Engineering and Improvement.
- Develop sourcing strategies, which result in supply base optimization
- Establish & assess cost standards to reach a consistent, efficient approach to pricing, including timely payment issuance
- Report accurately and timely to all project milestones including reporting out to top management on creation of target & achievement to such target, including identifying and negotiating all design changes
- Negotiate with supplier partners for cost savings and avoidance utilizing competitive bench-marking of detailed cost elements and analysis of cost variance
- Lead Annual Price Review activities with suppliers to promote deep understanding of cost drivers with a focus on Manufacturing Improvement.
- Understand and analyze respective commodity market trends to ensure Toyota is using the right supplier candidates and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business, Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with gap analysis and identifying trends with large scale data sets
- Working experience with Microsoft Power BI (including data importation, slicer manipulation, report creation and troubleshooting)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Professional experience in a direct buying role, including responsibility for analysis and negotiation of product and manufacturing cost
- Professional experience in a direct buying role, including responsibility for analysis and negotiation of product and manufacturing cost of automotive commodities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or 5+ years of equivalent professional experience in a direct buying role, including responsibility for analysis and negotiation of product and manufacturing cost for $1M or more
- Experience with RFQ (Request for Quotation) procurement system, including cost and supply base strategy analysis
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A