View All Toyota JobsToyota
Toyota’s Los Angeles Parts Distribution Center is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Operation Leader -2nd shift.
The primary responsibility of this role is to [be a leader on the 2nd shift team to achieve PSCO goals for industry leading Quality, Safety and Cost initiatives.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the person in this role will support the LAPDC objective to achieve industry leading KPI’s.
- Demonstrate leadership skills that include direct coaching/development of production team members in support of facility operational objectives.
- Create and deploy short and medium range plans and develop strategies to increase total operational efficiency.
- Provide a safe, secure, and engaging work environment that fosters team member involvement, creativity and development in a team atmosphere.
- Responsible for the consistent application of company policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate and supervise day-to-day operational activities providing leadership in areas of team member relations, safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement through consistent application of Toyota Production System (TPS), TBP, FMDS, SPSR, Kaizen, and the Toyota Way.
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience supervising team members (direct reports)
- Experience communicating to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work weekends as needed
- Ability to rotate between 1st and 2nd shift operations
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) or equivalent professional experience
- Supervisory/Leadership experience in an operational environment
- Effective leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
- Experience in the application of “lean” principles in an operations environment
- Experience working in a service-oriented supply chain and/or operations environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A