Toyota’s Powertrain Production Engineering (PE) Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Electrical Engineer to join the Powertrain Planning team for Electrification.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead manufacturing in-house manufacturing improvements for electric motors and support R&D SE activities for future electrification projects.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the person in this role will support Production Engineering – Powertrain department’s objectives to plan and achieve world class competitiveness in mass production, efficiency in model change, and investment efficiency.
- Working together with other engineers on the team to develop the overall best product
- Analyzing and reverse engineering competitor products to understand and set performance targets for new products
- Benchmarking rotor and stator process equipment for mass production in future projects and for prototyping activities
- Study and propose use of new technologies, materials and manufacturing processes to minimize production costs and/or meet specific application requirements
- Source, install and manage equipment installation
- Support motor prototyping for new electrification projects, RJ development and material localization trials
- Perform data collection, data analysis and issue technical reports
- Experience installing & commissioning process manufacturing equipment
- Experience with processing or machine design for hairpin stators
- Ability to work weekend and shutdown work (such as July and December holidays) as needed.
- Advanced Degree (above a Bachelor’s) in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree
- Experience with rotor or stator core manufacturing processes
- Experience with rare earth magnet materials
- Experience with GD&T, tolerance stack-up analysis, measurement system analysis, and statistical process control
- Flexibility for business travel, both domestic and international, up to 25%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree
- Experience working with 3-phase electric motor design, process planning, manufacturing and/or testing including project management for new product launches
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Georgetown, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A