Toyota’s Die Maintenance Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Die Maintenance Technician.
The primary responsibility of this role is preventative maintenance on casting Die’s in accordance with standards.
Reporting to the Die Maintenance Group Leader, the person in this role will support Toyota Motor’s Manufacturing Tennessee (TMMTN) manufacturing operation. The facility produces over 2 million castings (engine blocks and transmission cases and housing) annually.
- Perform welding, grinding, operate cranes, machining, & fabrication.
- Perform machining, finishing, assembly and tuning of dies.
- Support in line tryouts or line calls of dies.
- Carry out emergency repairs if any issues arise.
- Perform die modifications for surface quality and accuracy.
- Work in a team setting.
- Occasionally travel to support off site activities at NAMC’s and Toyota affiliates.
- Log daily book entries to communicate activities, issues and progress of die work.
- Perform basic administrative skills including documentation of work performed by written/electronic methods
- Ability to problem solve and continuously improve safety, quality, and productivity
- Experience building and/or maintaining high volume casting (or stamping) dies, welding ability, and machining
- Experience in industrial maintenance and/or military experience
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Demonstrated success in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Technical knowledge and skills in the following areas: Tool & Die, Welding, Machining
- Industrial Tool & Die certificate, Welding or Machining certificate or a two-year technical degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A