View All United Airlines JobsUnited Airlines
The Principal Architect – Cloud Security will be making Architectural decisions and provide Security reviews in a wide variety of Cloud security technologies for the organization. As a technical Architect, this position will be leading Cloud Security discussions and helping the ITSRC organization to fulfill the architectural needs. This role will be collaborating with all business units internally and interacting with vendors externally. As a technical expertise, covering a wide range of IT security solutions, the position will provide a great opportunity to grow technically in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architectures and systems
- Ability to understand multi tired application architecture and its dependencies and corresponding security considerations to protect the cloud environment
- Ability to Lead technical aspects of the cloud security team to accomplish the objectives
- Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of United Airlines
- Coordinate with Infrastructure, Project management, Network Engineering and Operations to ensure the Cloud Security Architecture requirements are met
- Ensure the committed deliverables and matrix are met with in the time frame
- Ensure all security objectives are being met in the organization’s cloud environment as it relates to Data Protection, Infrastructure Security,
- Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Incident Response, Logging and Monitoring
- Proficiency in applying security best practices across the Cloud such as AWS and Azure technology stack, specifically cloud compute, storage, virtualization, containers, operating systems and the network security
- Lead multiple cloud security projects. These projects will be developed concurrently and possess numerous interdependencies.
- Serve as a SME across the Information Security Risk and Compliance team in regards network security, platform security, application security, access and authentication to our environment
- Act as the security representative on cross-team mission critical IT projects
- Effective communicator and leader within Cloud Security and with other teams
- Familiar in implementing the security policy and integrating with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, GLBA) into the organizational security roadmap
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Communication Skills – The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level
- Understanding of SDKs, APIs and General knowledge of programming languages such as Python will be desirable
- Hands on experience with Security, identity and Compliance services such as IAM, KMS< Security Hub, WAF, Guard Duty etc.
- Hands on experience with foundational AWS Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS, ECS, etc.)
- Experience working with high performance team in in an Agile environment
- 5 years of Cyber Security experience including minimum 2 years in Cloud Environment such as AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Integrity and Trust – Involves being widely trusted, being a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Experience with cloud security control automation, DevSecOp and CICD Pipe lines
- Strong working knowledge of Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- Strong working knowledge of SIEM/Data Analytics Platforms, Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Proven expertise in Cloud security or cloud Infrastructure/Engineering experience
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Understanding of serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.) will be desired
Qualification & Experience:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Security
- AWS Solutions Architect/Security
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A