View All United Airlines JobsUnited Airlines
The EMD Team at United plays the essential role of enabling our customers to purchase any of our many ancillary products, such as bags, seat upgrades, and Wi-Fi. These products are available and managed through all of United’s digital and non-digital channels including United.com, the United Mobile App, the call center, airport locations, and many internal tools and automated processes.
This high performance application facilitates over 8 million daily incoming requests to purchase or refund an ancillary by validating information across multiple data sources, requesting payment authorization, creating an association between the reservation and the ancillary purchase, and issuing an electronic document that customers can use for travel and United can track for accounting and payment purposes. The application requires an exceptionally high degree of reliability and responsiveness to ensure a seamless experience for our customers and positive revenue generation for our company.
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features
- Support and troubleshoot software systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing follow-up on all issues and solutions
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work extensively on AWS technologies such as AmazonMQ, AuroraDB, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Strong focus on clean code and robust design
- Demonstrated ability to work on an agile team, having contributed to improvement of design, code, and release of software
- Experience on AWS technologies such as AmazonMQ, Aurora DB, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- 2 – 4 years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, or C#, Java including object-oriented design.
- 2 – 4 years of experience applying computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A