Website United Airlines
The Principal Architect – Cloud Security will be making Architectural decisions and provide Security reviews in a wide variety of Cloud security technologies for the organization. As a technical Architect, this position will be leading Cloud Security discussions and helping the ITSRC organization to fulfill the architectural needs. This role will be collaborating with all business units internally and interacting with vendors externally. As a technical expertise, covering a wide range of IT security solutions, the position will provide a great opportunity to grow technically in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Ensure the committed deliverables and matrix are met with in the time frame
- Proficiency in applying security best practices across the Cloud such as AWS and Azure technology stack, specifically cloud compute, storage, virtualization, containers, operating systems and the network security
- Coordinate with Infrastructure, Project management, Network Engineering and Operations to ensure the Cloud Security Architecture requirements are met
- Ability to understand multi tired application architecture and its dependencies and corresponding security considerations to protect the cloud environment
- Lead multiple cloud security projects. These projects will be developed concurrently and possess numerous interdependencies.
- Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architectures and systems
- Effective communicator and leader within Cloud Security and with other teams
- Ability to Lead technical aspects of the cloud security team to accomplish the objectives
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of United Airlines
- Familiar in implementing the security policy and integrating with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, GLBA) into the organizational security roadmap
- Act as the security representative on cross-team mission critical IT projects
- Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- Experience working with high performance team in in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience with Security, identity and Compliance services such as IAM, KMS< Security Hub, WAF, Guard Duty etc.
- 5 years of Cyber Security experience including minimum 2 years in Cloud Environment such as AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Proven expertise in Cloud security or cloud Infrastructure/Engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Understanding of serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.) will be desired
- Understanding of SDKs, APIs and General knowledge of programming languages such as Python will be desirable
- Hands on experience with foundational AWS Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS, ECS, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SIEM/Data Analytics Platforms, Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- Experience with cloud security control automation, DevSecOp and CICD Pipe lines
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Security
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- AWS Solutions Architect/Security
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Las Vegas, NV, US
Application Deadline: N/A