View All United Airlines JobsUnited Airlines
he Principal Architect – Cloud Security will be making Architectural decisions and provide Security reviews in a wide variety of Cloud security technologies for the organization. As a technical Architect, this position will be leading Cloud Security discussions and helping the ITSRC organization to fulfill the architectural needs. This role will be collaborating with all business units internally and interacting with vendors externally. As a technical expertise, covering a wide range of IT security solutions, the position will provide a great opportunity to grow technically in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Familiar in implementing the security policy and integrating with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, GLBA) into the organizational security roadmap
- Ability to Lead technical aspects of the cloud security team to accomplish the objectives
- Ability to understand multi tired application architecture and its dependencies and corresponding security considerations to protect the cloud environment
- Ensure the committed deliverables and matrix are met with in the time frame
- Proficiency in applying security best practices across the Cloud such as AWS and Azure technology stack, specifically cloud compute, storage, virtualization, containers, operating systems and the network security
- Participate in the development and delivery of IT security standards, best practices, architectures and systems
- Effective communicator and leader within Cloud Security and with other teams
- Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information stored & processed by and/or in the custody of United Airlines
- Act as the security representative on cross-team mission critical IT projects
- Coordinate with Infrastructure, Project management, Network Engineering and Operations to ensure the Cloud Security Architecture requirements are met
- Lead multiple cloud security projects. These projects will be developed concurrently and possess numerous interdependencies.
- Develop and document technical security standards to comply with policies and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of SIEM/Data Analytics Platforms, Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- Experience with cloud security control automation, DevSecOp and CICD Pipe lines
- Strong working knowledge of Network Security, Firewalls, Proxy servers, Next Generation Security technologies, IDS/IPS etc.
- 5 years of Cyber Security experience including minimum 2 years in Cloud Environment such as AWS, Azure, GCP etc.
- Understanding of SDKs, APIs and General knowledge of programming languages such as Python will be desirable
- Experience working with high performance team in in an Agile environment
- Proven expertise in Cloud security or cloud Infrastructure/Engineering experience
- Understanding of serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.) will be desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience with foundational AWS Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS, ECS, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Security, identity and Compliance services such as IAM, KMS< Security Hub, WAF, Guard Duty etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical Expertise – Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying current with industry practices
- Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Teamwork – Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Security
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- AWS Solutions Architect/Security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A