View All United Healthcare JobsUnitedHealthcare
The Primary Care Plus Medical Assistant provides quality nursing care to patients and assists the Physician and Nurse Practitioners in the clinical setting.
- Triages phone calls to the appropriate department and enters the call into the EMR as a Telephone Encounter. After the call has been addressed, communicates with the patient and documents in the Telephone Encounter.
- Maintains cleanliness of the patient care areas (exam rooms)
- Ensures exam rooms are stocked at all times.
- Cleans and disinfects instruments according to policy.
- Performs clinic tasks as directed by Clinic Manager.
- Assists Clinic Manager with the ordering and receiving of medical supplies and medications.
- Works closely with the Clinic Manager and Quality Manager to create and implement new clinic processes.
- Reviews all required education courses (live and online) and applies to daily clinic practice
- Maintains competency of clinical skills
- Addresses the total patient, inclusive of medical, psychosocial, behavioral, cultural, and spiritual needs.
- Involves the individual patient and caregiver, as appropriate, in decision making.
- Facilitates communication and coordination among members of the care team.
- Provides patient care to include: patient assessment prior to physician’s/nurse practitioner’s examination, serves as patient advocate/liaison by answering questions related to care and treatment, as appropriate, provides patient education and self-management support, implements physician orders (injections, prescription refills, diagnostic tests, referrals, etc.) and assists providers with procedures.
- Escorts patient to exam room
- Participates in team “huddles” and ensures electronic medical record (EMR) is prepared for the clinic visit
- Experience with OSHA / HIPAA compliance
- Electronic Medical Records work experience
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR Equivalent Work Experience
- 1+ years of clinic work experience
- MA credentialing
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Computer experience (outlook calendar and email)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A