View All United Healthcare JobsUnitedHealthcare
ProHealth Physicians of Farmington has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detail oriented Medical Receptionist to join our team. This is a full time (40 hours/8 hour shifts) position. The office is open approx. from 7:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. Schedule to be determined upon hire by the Practice Manager. May be asked to float to other local practices for coverage.
- Monitor daily reminder call logs to reschedule appointments as needed
- Schedule and triage appointment requests for urgency according to approved protocols consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines.
- Consult a medical assistant or licensed clinician for clinical decision making whenever necessary
- Maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ProHealth policies
- Use call processing and other applicable functionality in the EHR to take messages and communicate with clinicians
- Assist coworkers as needed to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Greet patients and conduct check-in process
- Scan and index documents into the EHR; ensure that necessary documents, lab results, etc. are available in advance of patient visits
- Close payment batch(es) at the end of each shift, assemble and balance batch(es) according to ProHealth cash control procedures
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Haven, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A