View All Universal Studios JobsUniversal Studios
Provides support to Technical Services – Horticulture, Ride and Show, and Facilities Maintenance departments, as well as other divisions across UO, with all aspects and requirements for tree maintenance, removal and relocation
- Provide correct hand signals for heavy equipment operation and rental cranes to insure safe operation.
- Stakes and guys trees according to UO Horticulture standards.
- Identification of proper tree nutrition and/or deficiencies.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Operate all heavy equipment, being adept in the use of a bucket truck and high reach to prune, move, install, and remove trees. Being proficient in the operation and maintenance of all 2-cycle equipment i.e.: Chain saws, power pole saws, and back-pack or hand held blowers.
- Climb trees for proper maintenance and removal, within UO climbing and rigging guidelines. Including the ability to perform specific climbing knots i.e.: Bowline hitch, half hitch, double half hitch, and slip knot.
- Rigging trees for proper lifting and transport. Being capable of applying the essential techniques used for tree lifting i.e.: Choke strapping, barrel strapping, saddle strapping, and pinning.
- 3-5 Years: in arboriculture settings; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school degree or GED preferred.
- Class B CDL required; ISA Arborist Certification preferred; MOT (Method Of Traffic) certification from DOT preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of all trees and palms resort wide
Company: Universal Studios
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A