This Part-time Dispatch Supervisor is responsible for assisting and reviewing UPS Small Package dispatch activity to ensure timely and proficient service. He/she assists with dispatch planning and is responsible for ensuring that service, safety, and cost goals are met.
Core responsibilities in supervising dispatch operations are to coordinate with others to ensure that dispatch plans are executed efficiently and to ensure adequate staffing and equipment levels for transportation needs. The Part-time Dispatch Supervisor oversees load/tractor planning and assignments, monitors load movement, and tracks the condition of equipment. This position also reviews, analyzes, and tracks various dispatch and service reports and schedules. Using this data, the Part-time Dispatch Supervisor creates efficient dispatch plans, verifies service levels, addresses performance issues, and incorporates modifications – such as new customers, new locations and additional loads – into dispatch plans. The Part-time Dispatch Supervisor also oversees yard operations. This involves coordinating drivers with load volume, ensuring that trailers are in the correct locations and are loaded or empty as planned, and confirming accurate trailer inventory.
- Verify appropriate driver uniforms and utilization of safe work methods
- Review driver hours to ensure regulatory compliance
- Review safety reports
- Conduct performance evaluations and resolve individual and group performance issues
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans
- Conduct hazardous materials audits
- Provide feedback and support
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and on the weekends.
- Experience supervising employees is preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Lexington, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A